Friday, July 11, 2008

Former Minor Celebrities

The best part, by far, of the trip to France was waiting in the Cleveland Airport at the baggage check in counter. As I fumbled with the self-check in machine, and then two other Continental folks fumbled with their machines to get me checked in, I looked around. Who did I see two machines away? None other than Scut Farkus of The Christmas Story himself! I was so excited! Unfortunately, I couldn't remember the name of the character, the name of the actor, and barely the name of the movie, and I couldn't say "Hey, you're that one guy from that one movie about Christmas, right?"

Ryan didn't believe that I could possibly recognize him 20 years after he made this movie, but I had recently seen an episode of Charmed (thanks TNT for your many, many reruns!) in which he had appeared. At the time I thought, "Hey, that's that one guy from that one movie about Christmas!" Now, I wished I had looked up his name.

Anyway, it was him. Flying out of Cleveland to who knows where. Ah, former minor celebrities...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home