Thursday, September 02, 2004

Taiwanese Cold

I got my first (and hopefully last f0r a while) cold in Taipei a couple days ago. My lungs hurt really bad from all the smog and what not so I went to a doctor yesterday. My roommate Kristy had a sore throat and sinus pressure so she went too.

One of the Chinese teachers (CT's) from our branch took us to a little clinic around the corner. We waited to see the doctor in the back. We entered and he had us sit in a little dentist type chair that didn't recline. He asked us questions and typed on the computer, maybe ordering drugs while we sat there? He spoke a little English but when we had a prblem, the CT translated for us. Then he put this long metal tube in my nose and sprayed something. Rubbed a q-tip with brown stuff on it on my tongue, sprayed throat spray in my throat and then gave me a pink tablet to let dissolve on my tongue. He did the same thing to Kristy, but sucked something out of her nose with a weird device.

I have a regular cold, but she has an upper respitory infection. Now we both have to take about 7 pills three times a day for three days each and I have to take cough syrup too. It's kind of funny. The durgs come packaged in little paper sacks with cartoon charcters on them.

Good times!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Cassie - sorry to hear you are sick!
Hmm, a long metal tool stuck up your nose, and sucking something out of your friends... sounds oddly interesting. That mystical eastern medicine... :)

I just got time to read up on your time in Taiwan thus far. Look forward to reading about your adventures there!

Jennifer Musial

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home