Thursday, November 04, 2004

Teaching Highs

The other day I taught my littlest kids. They are about 6-7 years old. Some of them just came from kindergarten. They are the cutest! Since most of them had never had an English class before, I got to name the majority of the students. One kid, Andy 2 (not my work), had a hard time learning "How old are you? I am 7 years old." So I asked each of the students so he could hear, but he still couldn't do it. So I kept asking at different moments throughout class. Still struggling. Then at the end of class we sang the "How old are you? song." Ok, they *love* to sing in that class so they got into it right away. They were jumping up and down and started to get louder as the song got faster and faster. Even little Andy 2, who had been frustrated, was having a grand ol' time! He was smiling and jumping, and singing the words! When it was over, he could answer the question. When I walked around saying goodbye and giving high-fives, he told me "Teacher, I happy!" I almost peed myself from the amount of cuteness that was happening! Then as I was erasing the board, he ran up one more time and said again, "Teacher, I happy!" wearing the biggest grin his face could hold.

When I saw him again yesterday in the school, he smiled, waved and I asked, "How are you?" He answered " I am seven years old," giggled, and ran up the stairs to class. I thought, "ok, more work to be done, but damn, that's some progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home