Monday, April 04, 2005

Performance Anxiety

Today was my first day back after my extended sick leave. I had lots of energy, and I found myself happier than I've been in a long time. I needed that rest more than I knew.

Tonight was a graduation performance for one of my classes that's ending. I had to say a few words and demo an advanced class the kids can take. I was feeling a little uncomfortable with "selling" the class, and with all the parents' eyes on me, judging my technique...let's just say I was a little nervous. But I pulled through and we had a good time, I'd say. I mean, 11 Taiwanese kids singing "Hey Jude" is always a good time, n'est-ce pas?

Tomorrow is Tomb Sweeping Day, a national holiday that allows families time to keep up their passed loved ones' grave sites. I don't have any ancestors tombs to sweep, but I still get the day off. I'm not complaining!

The countdown is on until I come home for a brief visit: 9 days left. I've been frantically searching for gifts and photos to bring home to show everyone. I can't wait to see all the old places, and my friends and family...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(eric) There's a pizza-commerical joke here someplace.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home