Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The Kids

Monday I taught my little kids, 6-7 years old. Oh, they are precious! Andy 2 learned how to say "like" just so he could say " I like Teacher" before running away. John had a really hard time not speaking Chinese (who can blame him, he only knows about ten English phrases and that's never enough to tell your friend next to you about this cool new sticker you got!) and I kept taking away points and looking at him sadly. After about the tenth time, he laughed,
disappointed again, put his head on the desk, and peeked a few glances at me while smiling his front-toothless grin.

Ted, on the other hand, is doing his very best to speak as much English as he can. He's the littlest one and he told a little joke the other day. "Teacher, no pencil," he said, when I asked him to take out a pencil. "Really, you don't have a pencil?" "Ha Ha Teacher!" he said, as he pulled out his pencil case full of pencils!

Lisa, who loves to talk to me outside of class and waves to me as often as she can, ran up to me after class and said "What can you see?" This is, of course, the most complex question she knows to which I replied "I can see a student. What can you see?" "I can see a teacher!"

Sherry, the quietest girl, stayed after class to help erase the lower half of the white board. Ted, Oscar, John, and Lisa also took turns helping with this particular task. Sherry also helped me carry the flashcards and markers back to my desk downstairs.

Man, I love these kids! They are adorable and have such a fun time in class! You can't help but love singing ridiculously chessy songs with them and jumping up and down in excitement right alongside them!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(kris) Oh happy fun teaching!! Your notes make me want to teach kindergarten...almost ;) I just got to FL for Thanksgiving--and came down on a high note: I passed my proposal defense yesterday! Hurray! Are you planning to throw together some Taiwainese-style stuffing this week?

10:03 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I love little kids! They're like puppies, but without (hopefully) the chewing.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home