Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Best. Vacation. Ever.

It was refreshing in ways I didn't even understand until I got back into the swing of things. I realized that no where else in the world would give me the things I needed: comfort, familiarity, damn good beer, and fantastic company!

Sadly, I didn't have as much time as I would have wanted, but I'm hard pressed to come up with a magic amount of time when I would feel ready to return to Taiwan. But I did get to see just about everyone I wanted to see at least once(two notable exceptions being my cousin Shelley and the new baby, and my friend Jeff), and I got a week of fresh lungfuls of air.

I ate fajitas, cheddar, falafel, pizza (with no corn, thank you very much!), ribs, mashed potatoes, and so much more. I drank bucketfuls of dark beer, had a few margaritas, and a pina colada. it was a beautiful thing. And it turns out that I can still drive a car, even if I had to turn down the music to focus on the clutch, gas, and stick action at the same time that first day.

In the end, I'm really happy I went, and I'm still happy to be coming home in 4 months, but suddenly that length of time seems bearable. I can do it and have a good time in the process.
Thanks to everyone for making time for me and I'm sorry

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(eric) Does this mean I can't pay you to make binders for Vicki?

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(eric) which historical lunatic are you?
http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/lunatics/

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is just so very sad to read that you are NOT one of the people that Cassie had hoped to see while visiting Ohio.......

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home